Writer in Residence Fellowship
We are looking for…
a young, English-language creative writer who is passionate about developing his or her own craft and the craft of others. The fellow will be based in Beijing, China and will receive a stipend for room and board. S/he will lead writing workshops in schools and learning centers around Beijing, and will serve as an editor on the InkBeat Youth Journal and BLANK. It is our hope that this experience will launch the fellow into careers in the creative arts and inspire the fellow to pursue his/her craft.
- Work on own creative writing project
- Promote self and work on our social media platforms
- Publish excerpts/drafts on website
- Curate original section of the journal
- Read submissions to the journal
- Write feedback letters to contributors
- Edit accepted pieces
- Facilitate creative writing workshops
- Assist in curriculum design
- Manage digital content creation such as interviews, writer profiles, etc.
- Organize open mic readings, film screenings, and other creative arts-related activities for students
Publications of single poems/stories and/or collections
Teaching Experience preferred
Fellowship Length: 6 months
Living Stipend: 3,600RMB/month
Interested in Applying?
Please submit the following to email@example.com in order to apply for this position:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample (Poetry: 5-7 poems; Fiction 5000 words max.)